Thursday, November 18, 2010

Princess for a day

My daughter's birthday is coming up and, since we were in Disney World, my sister- and mother-in-law decided to go together on a special package that would make her a princess for the day. First we picked out a dress. My daughter wanted an Ariel dress and she was very specific about it being one that showed her tummy. Daddy was not crazy about this idea, but we got it anyway.

After picking out a dress, we headed to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique so she could get her hair, nails and makeup done. She glowed as she sat in the chair getting her special treatment.

It made me kind of emotional seeing my messy red-haired baby looking so grown up, but it was just for one night. Still...I was kinda glad when we got back to the hotel, that she freaked out and made me take out her hair. But she looked beautiful. Like the winner of the Junior Miss Mermaid competition.

After the makeover we went to the castle for dinner. She got to meet Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and Ariel.

At the end of dinner, the waitress brought her a cupcake and we sang "Happy Birthday" to her.

It was a very exciting day, and by the end she was totally pooped.

1 comment: