Thursday, August 18, 2011

Powder Room Makeover

I wish I had a picture of our powder room when we moved into our house. It had a weird wallpaper border that had these, like, these scroll-type thingies on it a la 1988. I promptly took it down, only to discover the previous owner had painted over wallpaper. :-/ So I bought a steamer and took off the wallpaper. It was a long and tedious process. Afterwards I painted the walls a light grayish-green. Here is the result.
It was nice, but the dark cabinet always bothered me because the room is so small and it still made it look dark. So, after remodeling the basement, I had the home improvement bug and decided to paint the cabinet white. I don't know if you can tell, but I even added a couple of little rosettes and some moulding to dress it up a bit.

I have mixed emotions. It does make the room look brighter, but now it looks a little naked. Maybe I'm just not used to it.
Oh well, hopefully we can replace the whole cabinet in the future.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the white!! So clean and pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I wouldn't change a thing. It's more open with the white cabinets and totally chic

    ReplyDelete